The Denver Broncos versus the Seattle Seahawks, in the upcoming Super Bowl XLVIII (Super Bowl 48). Recreated through 3d voxel modeling, but true to the style of the classic 8bit Nintendo game Tecmo Super Bowl.
Modeled using Bryce 6. Here's the render from the original game's vantage:
I've taken a few liberties with some aspects to augment things from the standard TSB game, for the purpose of this Sunday's game:
- Changed the goal posts to yellow and changed the padding colors to match the Bronco's color scheme
- Added goal line pylons
- Changed to NFL shield on the 50 yard line to be up-to-date with the modern NFL logo
- Changed the "Tecmo" logo that was on the 35 yard line to this year's Super Bowl logo and moved it to the 25 yard line
- Changed to first-down markers from pink to the more accurate orange
- Changed the "Tecmo" end zone logo to a customized Broncos one that should resemble the one seen on the field Sunday
- Changed the look of the spectators - had to do that - the original NES game's sprites for them would translate horribly to 3-D
- Created the tunnel area that the game hints at, but doesn't fully show
- Had to put the score somewhere, it's moved placement is all I could really do at this angle
- Obviously, I changed each team's colors, logos, player info on the scoreboard, and all those other kinds of things, to be current
For TSB purists...don't worry, I have literally hundreds of circa 1991 NFL match up renders, that stay true to the original Nintendo game's sprites, coming down the pipeline. These tweaks that I've made were just for these specific Super Bowl XLVIII renders. Go here to download the Tecmo Super Bowl 2014 rom to play the game with this season's rosters: tecmobowl.org/files/file/360-t…
Great art! it reminds of 1980s and early 1990s consoles' game. I love the fact you spent time on creating this type of art on 3D and digital painting for people like me to enjoy it. I love your gallery. Never give doing this. You are a different artist, different then whom I've seen so I will watch you for sure. Keep it up!